What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?

What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?
Remember: "When God closes a door, He always opens a window!" You never know what might be out there waiting for you!

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Deliverance.... (reposted from March 30, 2010) Updated

Update for Palm Sunday, 2015, 2016, 2017 written from the living room our
"Camp Of the Woods Home Bible Fellowship" (Our home).

UPDATE FOR PALM SUNDAY, 2013. 2014!  2015! 2016!   2017!  I originally wrote this for Palm Sunday in 2010.  Not a lot has changed in  3 4  5  6  7 years...actually not a lot has changed in 2013 2014  2015 2016  2017 years! But, Jesus is STILL the answer...Jesus, the same yesterday, today, and forever!  Amen! (2014) And Amen again! (2015) and again! (2016)  and AGAIN! (2017)!
Psalm 34:4  "I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

Deliverance...what does that word mean to you?  It has a very welcome sound to the captive...those who are held captive in any kind of prison, whether it be a prison with bars and high walls, or a prison of fear and isolation...the thought of deliverance brings hope and joy and peace.  For many in today's economy, there is a tremendous amount of anxiety over the future...people fear losing their jobs, others fear not being able to find a job. Retired folks are concerned about their savings running out too soon, or having health issues that will rob them of what little security they have left.  Our nation is in turmoil over  (2010) health care reform and the brittle financial and housing market. (2015 AND 2016:  Race Relations, World Terror via ISIS, Religious persecution, upcoming election ) 2017: ALL OF THE ABOVE AND MORE...WORLD PEACE, IMMIGRATION... People look to our national leaders and hope that they will make some wise decisions that will bring relief, and yet that so-called relief often comes with a high price tag that will endanger the future security of our children and grandchildren for many years to come. 

Where can we find this deliverance that we are seeking?  Is there any ONE who can come and set us free from our bondage to fear and doubt?

Psalm 34:15 says, "The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry." 
Verse 17 says "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles."

The Jews back in the time of Jesus were desperate for a leader who could deliver them from the tyranny of the Roman government. As Jesus entered Jerusalem on what we now call Palm Sunday, the people cried out, "Hosanna! Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord! The King of Israel!" (John 12:13) They hailed Him as their King and Messiah, but they were seeking an earthly king for an earthly kingdom.

A few days later, when Jesus was betrayed by one of His own disciples, He  stood before Pilate, the Roman governor.  Pilate asked Him if He was the King of Jews.  Jesus responded to Pilate, 
"My kingdom is not of this world."...."My kingdom is not from here..."  (John 18:36)  He went on to say in verse 37, "You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.  Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice."

Jesus came to prepare our hearts for the kingdom that is yet to come, that is a Heavenly Kingdom.  In the meantime, His Holy Spirit gives us strength and grace to endure the trials and tribulations that are common to all of mankind. He came to deliver us from all our fears and troubles.  Do we still have financial difficulties? Do we still have health problems or other major concerns? Yes. As long as we are on this earth there will be trouble and sorrow......but hear what Jesus said in John 16:33~
"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." 

Through Christ, we are overcomers. 
"I sought the Lord, and He heard me, 
and delivered me from all my fears."
  
Deliverance....yes, that is what Palm Sunday and Easter is all about....Think about it.  
This is just the beginning of the story...not the end.
Amen!

Have a glorious Palm Sunday today!


10 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. I have to admit, as a business owner, I am deply troubled over the state of the economy and the actions of our elected officials. I have to remind myself daily who is in control. Deliverance is a hopeful word for me today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate very much this post since I see that most of us either don't know or forget about it! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Rhonda and Laura the Pet Sitter! I think we are all ready for a true "deliverance". We may feel like this is "Good Friday", but EASTER'S COMING!!!!! Praise the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam! I like the way you brought out the fact that there are many things we need deliverance from, not just a wide lens look at 'sin'. I think worry is a huge one for me. For some reason I have a tough time giving my worries to the Lord. And when I do, I've been known to snatch them back again. Sigh...

    I am looking forward to the grace of Easter, and the remembrance of a love that sets me free of all that stuff. I just have to believe!
    Blessings to you my friend.
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the human race! Snatching back those worries seems to be common to most of us. Yes, I, Too, am looking forward to the grace of Easter...and the peace and assurance that it gives us for our eternal future! Yes...Jesus has set us free indeed! Blessed Easter to you!

      Delete
  5. Pam, Thank you for this timely post. In reflecting on Palm Sunday, it's amazing to realize that the crowd that welcomed Jesus with great joy, changed their tune by later in the week and started calling for His crucifixion. People may have missed Jesus' first coming; His second coming WILL NOT be missed. I'm so thankful for all that Jesus did for all of us--while we were sinners!

    Something to think about: Good Friday wouldn't be good, if Sunday had not happened. (That little gem is from my pastor...although I think he may have said it more eloquently than that!)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we need to remember that's Sunday is coming! Christ IS Risen from the grave, and we have victory over sin and death forever!! Thank you for your thoughts today. You always are a blessing to me.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, and welcome to Closed Doors, Open Windows! I believe you are new to my site, and I look forward to getting to know you better in the future. Have a blessed Easter!

      Delete
  7. Pam, thank you for sharing this post again. This world clearly needs deliverance--deliverance in and through Jesus. I want to ever remain thankful for all Jesus did for me and continues to do for me.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting here today. I would love for you to sign my guestbook and let me know you stopped by. I always enjoy reading your comments and words of encouragement! May you be blessed as you go on your way. Please come back and visit again soon.