So here we go with today's sermon notes based on Exodus 3:1-14, entitled, "Who Me?"
In today's scripture lesson we find Moses tending the flock of sheep that belonged to Jethro, his father-in-law. And while he was doing this rather mundane, possibly boring task, suddenly The Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush! (see verse 2)
And in verse 4, God called to Moses from the midst of the burning bush and said, "Moses, Moses!" And Moses said, "Here I am."
5 -6: Then God said, "Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground." "Moreover He said, "I am the God of your father--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob."
And in verse 6, Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God.
Then God said to Moses,
- Preach the gospel to the poor
- to heal the broken-hearted
- to proclaim liberty to the captives
- recovery of sight to the blind
- to set at liberty those who are oppressed
- and to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.
- Jesus tells us in John 15:5
- David went out of his way to break practically all of the Ten Commandments
- Peter was impulsive and brash...
- Jacob stole his brother's birthright...
- "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness..." (II Corinthians 12:9)
- Is God calling you?
- Nothing is impossible with God (Luke 1:37)
- God will be with you no matter what
- Trust in God
- Lean on God...
- Follow Him...
- Trust Him...