What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?

What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?
Remember: "When God closes a door, He always opens a window!" You never know what might be out there waiting for you!

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Is It Time To Dance?

"Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,
For in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,
For I lift up my soul to You."
Psalm 143:8


Today I read in "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young the following passage:

"Rest with Me a while. You have journeyed up a steep, rugged path in recent days.
The way ahead is shrouded in uncertainty.  Look neither behind you nor before you.
Instead, focus your attention on Me, your constant Companion.  Trust that I will equip you fully
for whatever awaits you on your journey."

Actually this particular devotional was written for yesterday's date, but I didn't look at it until today. No matter, it is still appropriate and right on.  Yes, I have journeyed up a "steep, rugged path in recent days." Saying farewell to our precious son until we reunite in heaven still seems unreal. Since his earthly home was over 1500 miles away from us anyway, it is easy to allow myself to think that he's still there waiting for us to come up and visit again.  But then the reality hits, and I remember that he's not there...and it will most likely be a long time before we see him again.

My husband the preacher says that time in heaven is not something they are focused upon like we are here on earth.  That is hard for us to understand because we are so governed by time. We must make every minute count, we can never be late, time is of the essence, hurry up and wait...

King Solomon thought about time quite a bit.  In Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 he wrote:

"To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven;
A time to be born,
And a time to die;
A time to plant,
And a time to pluck what is planted;
A time to kill,
And a time to heal;
A time to break down,
And a time to build up;
A time to weep,
And a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
And a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones,
And a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace,
And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to gain,
And a time to lose;
A time to keep,
And a time to throw away;
A time to tear,
And a time to sew;
A time to keep silence,
And a time to speak;
A time to love,
And a time to hate;
A time of war,
And a time of peace."

I am still adjusting to this "new time" in my life.  I am not sure what time it is...I believe I am somewhere in the "time to weep and a time to laugh...A time to mourn, and a time to dance".  There are still moments when I feel like weeping and mourning...but there are also times that I want and need to laugh...and I find myself wanting to dance. Not a frenzied kind of dance...not even a waltz...just a holy dance between me and my Lord...where I allow Him to take the lead and twirl me around in His strong and capable arms...lifting me up above my grief and sorrow and showing me the new path that we will travel together. Such a lovely thought.

I am blessed beyond measure...I am not totally bereft of family...I still have my wonderful husband, two healthy and strong sons, a wonderful daughter in law and marvelous grandson...plus many other loved ones near and far.  I do not want to appear to be wallowing in self-pity or lacking in gratitude for all that God has done for me.  But there is this empty place in this mother's heart...a space that will always be missing that one precious son who has gone on to glory much too soon. 


So, what time is it in your  life?  I guess what I am learning is that no matter what season of life we may be in, there is much to learn...and we don't need to feel that we are all alone. God has promised to be with us in our life's journey...from beginning to end.  Perhaps you may discover that it is time for you to let Him take the lead...and just dance. I think I am beginning to understand that better now too.

6 comments:

  1. Praying for your new path that God will lead you to all understanding of His love and guidance. As I wrote the word guidance, I realize it ends in dance so dance and rejoice in that your son is with his and your Lord! Have a blessed day, Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Wow, Sylvia...I never noticed that before....I love this thought...Let GOD be my GUIDE as we DANCE! That makes me feel like dancing for real! Thank you for that insight today. I think you are in a similar new place in your life...been through some rough paths lately, and I can see a shift in your thoughts and writing as well. May God be YOUR GUIDE as YOU dance with Him each day. Love to you and your sweet hubby today.

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful, Pam. You are on my heart...and I am so sure it is a mixed bag of emotions. When we went to Maine, the place we stay is owned by a lovely older couple. Some of the regulars have been staying at the cabins on the lake for 60 years - since there own childhoods. The cabins were built in the 1800s and are so awesome and nostalgic. Anyway, when we arrived the daughter explained to us they lost their son (her brother) at 44. Suddenly, 18 days earlier. Oh, my heart was so sad for them. I am not sure of their faith, but we left them a card of sympathy. I thought of you and your beautiful faith that allows you to dance. The look on their faces tells me I am not so sure about them...With love and prayers for your dance and journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful that God brought you to those people at a time like this. You may have been just the ray of SONSHINE that they needed. I know they must be really hurting. We are hurting enough, but at least we had a chance to say farewell to Matthew and spent some wonderful time with him before he died. They apparently did have that opportunity...and I can imagine just how hard that must be for them. I will pray for them too. Glad you had a good time. Praying for you as well. May God dance with you on your journey.

      Delete
  3. I feel I am between times. I think this is due my age. God has been good to me and my family. I do a lot of keeping silent. Praying for you and yours. Blessings on you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes we need to keep silent before the Lord so we can hear what He is trying to tell us. The message may not always be clear, but we know that God is always looking out for our best in every situation. Each season of life has new challenges...but we are never alone. Praise God for that truth!! Thank you for your prayers. May God show you His love and mercy each day.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting here today. I would love for you to sign my guestbook and let me know you stopped by. I always enjoy reading your comments and words of encouragement! May you be blessed as you go on your way. Please come back and visit again soon.