What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?

What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?
Remember: "When God closes a door, He always opens a window!" You never know what might be out there waiting for you!

Thursday, April 17, 2014

"Hallelujah! What a Saviour!" (Updated)

Update: I thought this hymn would be appropriate for tonight, which is "Maundy Thursday"...the night on which we remember the sacrifice of our Lord and Savior...the night that He shared the Last Supper with His Disciples and then was betrayed by one of them for 30 pieces of silver. The night before Jesus suffered and died in my place so that I might live...

Originally posted on 8/18/2011:

Hymn for today: "Hallelujah, What a Saviour!" by Philip P. Bliss, circa 1838-1876

Here is one of my favorite hymns...we usually sing this one around the Communion Table.  I hope you know the melody...sing along with me and worship this wonderful Saviour!

"Man of sorrows," what a name, for the Son of God who came,
Ruined sinners to reclaim!  Hallelujah! What a Saviour!

Bearing shame and scoffing rude, in my place condemned He stood,
Sealed my pardon with His blood; Hallelujah! What a Saviour!

Guilty, vile, and helpless we; Spotless Lamb of God was He;
"Full atonement", can it be!  Hallelujah! What a Saviour!

Lifted up was He to die; "It is finished," was His cry,
Now in heaven exalted high; Hallelujah! What a Saviour!

When He comes, our glorious King, All His ransomed home to bring,
Then anew this song we'll sing, Hallelujah! What a Saviour!"

"Hallelujah! What a Saviour!!!"


2 comments:

  1. Hi Pam! Thank you for sharing this beautiful hymn that we could sing together!
    May God bless you and yours this Holy Week and Easter.
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ceil. I am sorry I didn't see this earlier. We could have "harmonized!" Maybe we did and just didn't know it. Easter was marvelous...and Because Christ lives, we can face uncertain days ahead! Praise God!!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting here today. I would love for you to sign my guestbook and let me know you stopped by. I always enjoy reading your comments and words of encouragement! May you be blessed as you go on your way. Please come back and visit again soon.