If you read my post last week HERE about getting ready for company, you are probably wondering how our guests liked the guest room, etc., etc. Well...that's another story...Oh, yes, they loved the guest room...they just didn't get to spend the night there after all! Their travel plans met with some unexpected delays due to weather, and they were not able to get here Saturday night as originally planned. So instead they traveled here to visit with us on Sunday afternoon, but had to keep going as they had other commitments further down the road, and were unable to spend the night. We still had a wonderful visit over lunch at our local "True Grits" restaurant, and then they came here for the grand "tour" of the house and guest room. Sadly, we forgot to take any pictures while we were together! We were just too busy visiting and talking and reminiscing, and totally forgot about pictures! However, my cousin did bring me a "hostess gift" from their recent visit to New Orleans...
We didn't have time to share a cup of tea together yesterday as they really needed to get on the road, and so tonight I treated myself to a very special cup of tea...and it really was delightful!
It was our mutual Grandma who created this lovely needlepoint picture many years ago!
- Past hurts, unkind words, unkind actions:
- Our Own Mistakes...Past sins...If you are struggling over guilt of your past sins, do what God has done...Forgive Yourself!
"13. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14. I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."We often play the "if only game"..."If only I had done this", or, "if only he/she/they had not done that..."
- Forget what is behind.
- Things that God has done for you.
- Every blessing, every gift, every answer to prayer.
11. “Beware that you do not forget the Lord your God by not keeping His commandments, His judgments, and His statutes which I command you today,
- Each day write down three things you are thankful for.
- Put it on your calendar or in a journal
- Remember what God has done in your life
- Remember what others have done for you
- Whatever is noble
- Whatever is right, pure, lovely
- Whatever is admirable, excellent, praiseworthy...