Saturday, May 25, 2019
A Time for Singing
"Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!
Sing to the Lord, all the earth.
Sing to the Lord, bless His name;
Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day.
Declare His glory among the nations,
His wonders among all peoples.
For the Lord is great and greatly to be praised..."
It's been five years...and a lot has happened in those five years...things that Matthew hasn't been here with us to enjoy or participate in...but I don't want to be sad today. I want to celebrate his life...not his death. I want to remember the happy times we had together...and look forward to the time we will all be together again someday forever.
You may ask me how I can "Sing to the Lord a new song!" when we have had such sorrow. Well, I can sing because of Jesus...because of Jesus, Who died for me and for you and all of our loved ones...so that we can one day celebrate together again in heaven.
I can sing, because Jesus told His disciples in John 14:1-4, 6
1. "Let not your heart be troubled;
you believe in God, believe also in Me.
2. In My Father's house are many mansions, if it were not so, I would have told you.
I go to prepare a place for you.
3. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself,
that where I am, there you may be also.
4. And where I go you know, and the way you know...
6. "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
And so today, as we remember Matthew, I am singing a new song in my heart.
Because of Jesus, I have hope in my heart.
Therefore, I sing.
Some previous posts about Matthew: