Without going into all the details, I would like to share with you some of the highlights that stood out for me...and perhaps you can apply these scriptures and thoughts to your own life as well...
1. As Jesus is crowned with thorns, mocked and treated with such scorn we see that He knows what it means to feel small...to be humiliated... When we feel small, humiliated and scorned, we know that Jesus has already been there...He knows how we feel...He can truly feel our pain.
2. Jesus volunteered to take the punishment that was meant for you and me...He willingly suffered the shame and humiliation...He literally died for me. How many others do you know who willingly died for you...suffered for you, so that you would not have to endure such pain and sorrow?
3. While Jesus hung on the cross the disciples fled...wondering who would be next...
Judas betrayed him for 30 pieces of silver...Peter denied him three times...Pilate washed his hands...
4. We have all been guilty of such things...we have all been broken and in need of forgiveness...
Romans 5:8 tells us :
- Living for Jesus, a life that is true,Striving to please Him in all that I do;Yielding allegiance, glad-hearted and free,This is the pathway of blessing for me.
- Refrain:O Jesus, Lord and Savior, I give myself to Thee,For Thou, in Thy atonement, didst give Thyself for me;I own no other Master, my heart shall be Thy throne;My life I give, henceforth to live, O Christ, for Thee alone.
- Living for Jesus Who died in my place,Bearing on Calv’ry my sin and disgrace;Such love constrains me to answer His call,Follow His leading and give Him my all.
- Living for Jesus, wherever I am,Doing each duty in His holy Name;Willing to suffer affliction and loss,Deeming each trial a part of my cross.
- Living for Jesus through earth’s little while,My dearest treasure, the light of His smile;Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.
Refrain:O Jesus, Lord and Savior, I give myself to Thee,For Thou, in Thy atonement, didst give Thyself for me;I own no other Master, my heart shall be Thy throne;My life I give, henceforth to live, O Christ, for Thee alone.
Sermon notes and thoughts are based on the message given at FUMC, Interlachen, Florida, Pastor A.C. Myers 3/11/18