What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?

What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?
Remember: "When God closes a door, He always opens a window!" You never know what might be out there waiting for you!

Thursday, August 6, 2026

Thursday Thankfulness

 I am SO thankful that we made it up and back safely the one hour trip for hubby's cataract surgery this morning, and everything went just fine! We will have to make that trip again tomorrow morning for his post-op exam, but at least he will be allowed to eat breakfast and have his coffee before going! His appointment this morning wasn't until 9:30, and then of course he couldn't eat or drink anything until the surgery was over, so yes, he was quite happy to get back home before noon and eat some lunch!  And I feel like a "smartypants", because I put a pot roast with potatoes and carrots, etc., in the crock pot before we left this morning, so supper is already cooked too! 


It sure smells good! It's been a while since we had a pot roast! They put the chuck roasts on sale this week so I felt like I could splurge a little.  Ha! Can you remember back when a pot roast was considered a bargain meal?  And ground beef was one of the cheapest meats you could cook in so many different ways? I think we lived on ground beef casseroles of one kind or another back when we were first married. (and beyond).  But nowadays it is the most expensive meat that I buy! Pork and chicken tend to run a bit cheaper, so we eat more of that than we do beef anymore. Therefore, this pot roast dinner is a bit of a luxury...a celebration meal! 

Thank YOU all for your thoughts and prayers on our behalf today! That really means a lot.  Also, I wanted to thank you all for so many fun comments on my "New Town" dream idea on the Tuesday 4 meme this past Tuesday. It seemed like just about everyone wanted to come live in my new town! Wouldn't that be fun?  We could all have so much fun together...but then, what would we have to write about? And who would read our blogs?  We'd already know everything everyone else was doing! LOL. I guess we'd better leave things the way they are, but it sure seems like it would be a fun idea!!


Last evening's sunset/skies were so amazing. We had a nice bit of rain, and then the sky turned perfectly golden for a while...

although these pictures don't do it justice. Everything looked like it was bathed in gold!


And then it changed and became such vivid oranges and purples and gold ...

It looked like the trees were on fire!


And even though Still Waters Pond is still very still and dry...we can still enjoy the sunsets out there and give God the Glory for the wonderful things He has done!


Every little bit of rain is greatly appreciated...and so are these beautiful sunsets!

Jeremiah 32:17 KJV
17 "Ah Lord God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee."


Reminds me of this happy chorus we used to sing in church sometimes:




When we find life is getting difficult and challenging, it's good to be reminded that "Nothing is too difficult for Thee (God)".  


Yes, I am thankful today (and every day) for Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and all that He has done for us, and that NOTHING is too difficult for Him! I am thankful for our family and the blessing they are, and for our friends here in Blogland and in the world around us, friends old and new. I am thankful to live in the United States of America, where we are truly blessed with amazing freedom, a magnificently beautiful country, and the right to live where we want to live, work at the kind of occupation we love, and enjoy the fruit of our labors, and the freedom to worship God openly and happily without fear.  May we NEVER take these freedoms for granted, and may we truly pay attention to the strange things that are happening in our country these days with people thinking that something like socialism or Communism (actually the same thing in a different uniform) can really be good for our nation.  I don't like to get political here because it oftentimes brings out the "anonymous" dissenters who like to degrade our country and our beliefs, but we need to be paying attention to what is taking place in certain parts of the country, or we may find ourselves losing those freedoms we hold so dear and we will end up like Cuba or Venezuela or God forbid, like the former USSR or Nazi Germany.  We need to pay attention, and remember that once our freedoms that we  hold so dear are lost, we may never get them back again.  May we continue to place our Trust in God, and never let go of the freedoms so many have died for. Amen.    

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting here today. I would love for you to sign my guestbook and let me know you stopped by. I always enjoy reading your comments and words of encouragement! May you be blessed as you go on your way. Please come back and visit again soon.