Happy Monday Morning Friends! I hope this day finds you rested up from your weekend and ready to begin a new week! Looking ahead this week, hubby is having is 2nd cataract surgery on Thursday. So that will be the "highlight" of this week! The place where we go for the surgery is about an hour's drive away, and then we have to go back again for "post-op" early Friday morning, and of course I will be driving, so no time for pictures or anything fun. LOL. Praying all goes well with his surgery. Thankfully my eye doctor said I could still wait another year unless I start having more symptoms...and did I mention that in a previous appointment he thought I could have the beginnings of glaucoma, but at this more recent appointment he said, "No glaucoma!" I just have some weird looking nerves in the back of my eye that sometimes indicates glaucoma, but he said my pressures are good and there is no evidence of it, so praise God!!!!
Well, while I was sitting here at my computer trying to write and sip my morning cup of tea, this happened:
Good Morning, Blackie! So nice of you to come and visit while I am trying to "work".
From the desktop to my lap...
Hi Mom! Just thought I'd come say hello to you and all your friends...and get some early morning lovin'.
So after a few minutes of him squirming around on my lap trying to find just the right spot, and me trying to pet him but he'd try to "bite" me (they say they are love bites, but don't you believe it...! LOL), he finally decided to jump down and go visit Daddy for a while. So now maybe I can get this thing written! LOL!
Life with "King Blackie" is never dull!
So yesterday was the day that hubby and I sang our duet at church. Some of you expressed interest in hearing it, and so Benton and Rose both recorded it on their phones. So here you go...this is the one Benton recorded. I like it because at the end of the song we asked the congregation to join us on the last chorus, and you can actually hear Benton singing along. The one that Rose recorded is a little longer and I'm having trouble uploading it, but I can also hear her sweet voice singing at the end. I told them that next time we sing we are going to do a family quartet!! They have never done anything like that before, so they said, "We'll see...". LOL. Anyway, without further adieu, here is the song, "What a Day That Will Be." Remember, we are old and a bit rusty, but we are singing for the glory of the Lord...
After church we came home and Scott had arrived in time to grill some hamburgers for our lunch before the rain started. And yes, it did rain most of the afternoon, which was really nice. We are supposed to get rain most of today too and all this week, so here's hoping and praying that Still Waters Pond will finally reach a saturation point and begin to look like a pond again!
I know these birds will be happy to see that day! Mr. Cardinal and Mr. Bluebird were having a "conversation" the other day, probably over territorial rights, but perhaps they were both just happy to have their place on God's green earth to sing their praises to their Creator! And the other photos were just taken right now this morning as the sun is breaking through the clouds! Let's "sing unto the Lord a new song" together with them!
Psalm 96 KJV
"1 O sing unto the Lord a new song: sing unto the Lord, all the earth.
2 Sing unto the Lord, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day.
3 Declare his glory among the heathen, his wonders among all people.
4 For the Lord is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.
5 For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the Lord made the heavens.
6 Honour and majesty are before him: strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.
7 Give unto the Lord, O ye kindreds of the people, give unto the Lord glory and strength.
8 Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts.
9 O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth.
10 Say among the heathen that the Lord reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.
11 Let the heavens rejoice,
and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof.
12 Let the field be joyful, and all that is therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice
13 Before the Lord: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth."
Amen!
I hope you have a lovely and joy-filled day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting here today. I would love for you to sign my guestbook and let me know you stopped by. I always enjoy reading your comments and words of encouragement! May you be blessed as you go on your way. Please come back and visit again soon.