Happy Friday Everyone! Even though I am retired and no longer have to go out to work every day, I am still always happy to see Friday roll around. Friday just seems to have a special spark to it that makes me feel happy and free!
And I am always happy to see our fine feathered Mrs. Ruby Throated Hummingbird stop by for a visit and a drink...
What a blessing and joy to see her up so close (thanks to my zoom lens on my camera!)
Hey, our friend Debby over at Days of my life-Window to My World is participating in an August Happiness Challenge. She got the idea from another of her blogging friends, and I like the idea, so thought I would try to do the same thing. There's no linky to link up to (that I know of). Just post one thing each day that you are happy about. You aren't limited to just one thing, but making an effort to find one special thing each day is a good start! Of course, I am already a week late in getting started, but I think I've probably shared something just about every day that I was happy about anyway. This time I will just make more of an effort to say it out loud! Maybe you would like to join in for the rest of the month with me? Why not? What have we got to lose? Maybe a lot more to gain...smiley faces and a spirit of joy and happiness will lift our spirits and carry us through those difficult days when we have a hard time finding something to be happy about. So here we go!
Today I am happy that my hubby's post-op appointment with the Eye Surgeon was perfect! The doctor was very pleased with what he saw, and said to keep doing what he's doing each day (eye drops 4xday), and come back next week for another checkup. We made it up there and back with no issues, for which I am very thankful since I had to do the driving again. I really don't mind doing the driving, but I just can't relax and enjoy the view along the way when I do! Oh well...it's pretty much the same as it was the last time, so no big deal! LOL.
I am happy also that our "kids" called and asked if we would like for them to bring over the makings for home-made pizzas tonight. Of course we said YES!!! I will try to remember to take pictures later, but that may have to be in tomorrow's post. I love that our kids live close by and that they actually seem to enjoy hanging out with us "old folks". We are so thankful and blessed.
Oh, here's some more of our "fine feathered friends". I am not certain if this is the female Mrs. Bluebird, or if it is one of the young bluebirds finally out of the nest. It's hard to tell. Usually the babies have more speckles on them, but the Daddy bluebird was bringing some food to her up there on the limb, and it made me think it might be a baby...
This is a closer view of her...still not sure...
Whichever one it is, I enjoyed watching it!
There can never be too many birds to watch in my estimation!
I agree with your feelings on Friday and the weekend doesn't have doctor's appointments. I love all the photos of the birds. I'm happy that his appointment went well.
ReplyDeleteHomemade pizza sounds so good right now... How nice of your kiddos to extend the invite to bring over the makings.. Surprisingly, we have had numerous hummingbirds this past week. I'm thinking they must have gone somewhere, had their babies and have now come back. There many of them here the start of summer and then suddenly, they were gone. Now they are enjoying all of my turks cap flowers. Great photos of your hummers...
ReplyDelete