It started out as I drove to work, listening to my favorite radio station (The JoyFM, 88.1, Ocala).
One of the first songs played was "Jesus in Disguise" by Brandon Heath. Kind of describes exactly what I'm talking about..."Jesus in Disguise"...things that happen in our day to day lives that we can't exactly explain...
- a song on the radio that speaks to your heart with words of encouragement and hope when you were feeling a little lost or despondent...
- a phone call or card from a friend who seemed to know exactly what words to say at the right time.
- a devotional reading/scripture passage that expresses a message that seems to be sent to your heart directly from God
- a friendly face, a kind word, a good deed...unexpected places and faces
- answered prayers when you thought God wasn't listening
- a beautiful sunrise, sunset, rainbow
- a pat on the back from someone whom you thought didn't really care or notice what you do
- an opportunity to encourage someone else who needed a friend...a pep talk...some comfort...and God gave you the right words to say that were never rehearsed.
- a bird on the wing...or on your windowsill, singing a melody so sweet you know it had to have been taught by the Great Songwriter Himself.
These are just a few of the ways that we can experience God's presence in our daily lives. I am watching for "messengers" everywhere I go. You may want to do the same. You may be surprised what you will discover.
"Open my eyes wide as I can, blind as I am..." ("Jesus in Disguise...Jehovah passing by") by Brandon Heath.
Questions to ask yourself:
- When was the last time I experienced a "Jesus in Disguise" moment in my life?
- How did I recognize that it was a "God Moment"?...Or didn't I notice that until now?
- Do I actually expect to see "Jehovah passing by" in the common, ordinary routine of my life?
- How can I become more aware of His PRESENCE in my life?