Whew! Thank Goodness it's Friday! LOL. Not that it makes much difference when you're retired, but I still love Fridays because they are the beginning of the weekend, and who doesn't love the weekend?
Here's a few pictures from a ride we took the other morning...some fall wildflowers alongside the road...always makes me smile and say "Stop the car! I want to take a picture!" LOL.
I love all the purple and golden wildflowers that show up in late September and October...
I call these God's bouquets!
I won't even attempt to identify them...just enjoy the natural beauty of God's Creation all around us while it lasts!
And I always enjoy seeing some cows grazing in the pastures...
Mooooooo!
Hubby loves to watch college football on Saturday afternoons and I just like to piddle around doing little things. We may take a ride in the morning and see if there's any interesting flea markets or yard sales going on. Tomorrow morning our church Thrift Store is having a yard sale, so we may stop by there and see what fun stuff they are trying to sell. I may see something I donated (and hope someone else will buy it!) LOL.
 |
| Our Church Thrift Store |
And for the Blackie fans, here's a few pictures of this character. This is what he loves to do while I am trying to write on the computer. Most of the time he is batting at my hand and not allowing me to type, or he lays his head on the keyboard and causes all kinds of chaos. Quite often I get a page open up from Google Help asking "how may we assist you?" And I want to say, "Someone please come get this cat off of my computer desk so I can get something done around here!" LOL.
I guess he thinks he's helping me. LOL.
Someone asked me what Blackie thought about Lily Grace's new "cat costume". Well, here's his first reaction. He refused to look at her...literally turned his back on her when I put her down on the floor and asked him to come say hello to Lily...
But Lily Grace was not going to be ignored by Mr. Blackie, so she marched right over to where he was sitting and asked him to please notice her cute little cat costume...
At first he wanted to bolt...

I'm not sure what he's looking at...he refused to look at me or Lily Grace..Maybe he's saying, "The things I have to put up with to be the King around here..." LOL.
But at least he didn't make her a chew toy...There's still hope they will become good friends. LOL.
Praise God! We have had a wonderful rainy afternoon today! And I couldn't help but notice this Red Shouldered Hawk way out on the pond, standing next to a PUDDLE on top of the dry pond bed! I think he was fishing for worms or tadpoles. LOL.
Yes, that is water along the edge of those bushes...everytime it rains, that puddle gets bigger!
One day at a time!
And please don't judge me for the weeds in the flower bed! I know what I have to do. But the kids gave me these pots of mums for my birthday, and I needed to put them someplace where I could water them (before the rains came back) and this was the closest to the garden hose. Maybe tomorrow if it's not too hot I will pull some weeds and plant the mums appropriately. (Or maybe I'll get Scott to do it for me when he comes to visit...that's a thought! He's a pro! And so much younger and stronger than I am! LOL)

Oh, one more thing, thanks for saying a little prayer for hubby today when he went to the dentist. They x-rayed and examined the broken tooth, and said he had 3 options. Pull it and be done with it, Do a root canal and put a crown on it, or do an implant/crown. Option one wouldn't cost us anything because our insurance would cover it, but he'd have a big gap on the top left side of his mouth where it could be seen and may cause the surrounding teeth to weaken over time. Option two would cost a bit of money, but it could be done next week with a temporary crown, and then the permanent crown a week or so later. Option three was the most expensive and would take 3-4 months for the gum to heal before they could put the actual crown on top of the implant/screw. After much discussion we decided on option #2, the root canal and crown. Our medicare advantage plan will cover a part of it, and we can put the rest on a Care Credit plan with no interest for a year. (of course, I am still paying for MY root canal and crown that I got earlier this year...but I guess that's the high cost of getting old). Nothing comes cheap or easy these days, that's for sure. I told hubby that we will tie a red bow around his new crown for Christmas as that will be his Christmas gift. I guess I'll have to do the same for mine. LOL.
I am just so thankful that God has provided a way for us to take care of these things. No, we don't like to use credit unnecessarily, but there are times when that is the only option and we are thankful that it is available. We will trust God to help us pay it off as soon as possible, but we are thankful to not have to put things off that could cause further issues and make matters worse and possibly bigger expenses in the future.
Well friends, I will close this post for tonight. It's always wonderful to hear from you, and I look forward to visiting more with you as the days go by. Take care, and may God open the doors for you that you are asking, seeking, and knocking about. Amen.
This post makes me feel happy. The wildflowers are so beautiful. Blackie is delightful. Major dental work here. It will have to be two Christmases present.
ReplyDeleteCareCredit is a great thing to have!! We got it years ago to help pay for veterinary bills. It's so nice that they offer "no interest" for certain time periods. Same for human doctor bills! I love the field flowers you photographed for us!! So pretty. Blackie is so cute, and so is Lily Grace in her new outfit for Halloween! Love to you both!!
ReplyDeleteDave has Care Credit too...these dr. bills are something else. Love Lily Grace's new outfit, smiles. Wishing you a beautiful Friday evening.
ReplyDeleteGod's bouquets is such an apt description, Pamela. Like you, I love seeing how God allows his creations to grow in such a way to bring delight to our hearts and our souls. It's no fun getting older, is it, and I don't envy what John and you have been going through, but for my take, I think you've made the right choice. Losing teeth here and there can adversely affect our ability to chew and limit the types of food we can eat. I think both of you would rather live life to the fullest, am I right?
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed and beautiful evening!
I love all the bouquets God puts out for us and I love that way of thinking of them!
ReplyDeleteBlackie makes me smile, he really is a character!
Poor John, dental issues are neither fun or cheap. Seems it should be more enjoyable when you have to pay so much.
Happy to see that puddle!
Cats can be so funny and Blackie is. hilarious for the way he turned his back on Lily Grace and the way he won't look at her when you put him side by side. What a cat! I'm glad your husband's dental appointment went well. I know one very old friend, she's now 95 and she seems to always get an implant. I have never even been presented the option. I always go for a root canal. Actually a few times a few years back I had a different dentist and they pulled several key teeth. Now I'm questioning whether it was really necessary and also it made a problem for chewing food. I've tried a partial crown with no success. I'm trying another more flexible kind very soon. I hope it helps. Sorry to be long winded but all of this is just to say that I think you've made a wise choice to save the teeth (both your's and your husband's).
ReplyDeleteHi Pamela! I would love to browse at your church thrift store. My husband and I love to check out yard sales and thrift stores. I hope that your husband's dental issues can be solved quickly and easily. Yes, getting older sure isn't that much fun. Have a great weekend. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteI love Blackie - he is just so handsome. Loved the Red Shouldered Hawk too - we never get anything like that here where I am. And I love those purple flowers at the beginning. Save your teeth if you can.
ReplyDeleteCute kitty with his flabby beer gut. My boy has one of those too, seems to be a neutered cat issue. My spayed female kitty Is older and still fit and trim...Sweetallysum
ReplyDeleteFun photos--I think it is encouraging to see the puddle forming along the edge of the pond!
ReplyDeleteOh, you have goldenrod in Florida!! (that is the plant with the tiny yellow flowers) It is a wonderful medicinal plant.
ReplyDeleteBlackie, you would find my friend's cat a perfect companion, both of you lying on the keyboard and commanding the picture during our zoom times.
May your pond fill up soon!
Oh Blackie and Lily. He must be jealous of your affection for her. HA.
ReplyDeleteI love this time of year with the wildflowers. Nothing tops God's handiwork. I think you may get some rain soon for that pond. I know all the birds will be happy to have some water in it.
Oh the dentistry stuff as we age. I got a crown this past year too. It had cracked and was getting worse. I opted to crown it before it got so bad to have to do a root canal. I hate those things. I think as I age that will only come more often. Fun fun fun, but I am glad for aging too.
Love all your photos of God's Bouquets. Simply gorgeous !
ReplyDeleteToo funny about Blackie and Sweet Lily Grace, especially the one with his back turned ...what personality.
You made the same decision that I would have done on the broken tooth issue. Doctor and Dentist bills are horrendous for us.
I do hope and pray that the Pond fills up for you very soon. Its good to see some wild-life returning.
Have a restful weekend.
(((hugs)))
Sue
Dear Pamela, your photos are absolutely stunning! And I am a huge fan of Blackie. What a gorgeous, sweet cat! Please give Blackie a hug for me, dear friend.
ReplyDeleteAw, those cows are so sweet. Mellow fellows!
ReplyDeleteBlackie's so funny; do you suppose he thought Lily Grace was play-acting and would come to life any moment?
I'm sorry I missed John's tooth challenge. Yowza! Why are there no easy, affordable solutions? Tom needs something pulled but is still waiting to hear from the VA; none of the dentists around here accept Medicare. I'm going to suggest he look into that CareCredit.
Blackie is such a handsome boy! I used to love when Jasper made a pain of himself when I tried to type or work at my desk. Oliver rarely does anything like that. He's a boring old thing...but that makes him perfect for leaving at home when I'm working. Jasper was always up to no good when I was away. Thank you for your always kind words and encouragement. I especially thank you for your prayers. God has indeed been very, very kind to me.
ReplyDelete