Hooray for Friday! And I think Blogger has finally fixed the glitch about the uploads/feed of the new posts...at least some are starting to come through, and that is a real blessing! I know I still have to go back and catch up with some of you, but at least it will be a little easier to do so now.
I haven't done much writing this week as I haven't felt 100%, but praise the Lord I am finally feeling a lot better than I was. I'm almost through with the antibiotics, and once that is over I know I will feel a lot better!
The other nice thing is our temperatures are starting to come down ever so slightly, and it was pleasant enough this morning to go outside and walk around the yard a little bit and pick some of my little zinnias that are finally blooming!
They are tiny flowers, but still bright and pretty and they make me smile.
Actually these pictures were taken several mornings ago when I put out the flag, but I never got around to sharing them with you, so here you go...

I just thought these clouds were pretty interesting...
So we went to our local "Hog Wild Country Cafe'" and had a cheeseburger for lunch. Sadly, no one had told them that today was a special cheeseburger day, but that's okay. Their burgers are much better than any fast food place anyway, regardless of the prices or discounts for today!
This isn't my picture, but one I found on the internet of their bacon cheeseburger, which is very good too. I actually had a burger with swiss cheese on it instead, and it was yummy!
I don't have a bunch of photos for today, or even a lot of stuff to share, but I just wanted to check in and let you know that I am still still alive and kicking and very thankful for that!
One last thought...I love to pick up these boxes of "Prayer Cards" at the Dollar Tree whenever I see a new set of them. I use them for various things throughout the year, and then I also add a card to each little baggy of candy that I prepare for our neighborhood Trick or Treaters on Halloween. I figure that even if the child can't read it or understand it, the parent hopefully will see it and it will bless them. But meanwhile, I thought I'd share a few with you today to give you some words of hope and encouragement on this Friday in September...
Each one is a promise and a blessing of one kind or another from God's Word...
What better thoughts can we have than to be reminded of God's great love and faithfulness to us every day?
Sunrise and Sunset and all the times in between...
Oh, how wonderful to know this!
If we would practice this we would find so much more peace of mind in our lives...
And I love this...a good place to end for today...
I hope you enjoyed reading these verses, and perhaps you will want to save them for future reference, when you need a little boost from God to keep going! Yes, "Have patience...God isn't finished yet!" Praise God for that good news!!! I'd say "the best is yet to come!"
Amen, and Good Night!!
Have a blessed weekend.
I'm sorry you haven't felt well but am thankful you're improving!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sky photos and the burger sounds good. :)
I really like the prayer cards. I've never seen them in our store but will have to look for them.
Love the little prayer cards too. I haven't seen them either at our store.
ReplyDeleteUmmm ... now I am hungry for a yummy hamburger... We are going to have "Glop" for dinner tonight. Its like Goulash ... we are having hamburger too but ours is all ground up haha (:0)
Sue
My husband got all excited about the cheeseburger mention. It is his celebratory typing of thing for him. Love the prayer cards. I'll check on Amazon for them.
ReplyDeleteI need to visit Dollar Tree and see if they don't have the Prayer Cards. Yours is such a great idea!
ReplyDeleteNational Burger Day, woo-hoo! Wish I'd known to observe that, but then I get my fill of "loose meat" pretty often. Tom likes American cheese on his, but I enjoy "fooling around" with different kinds. Usually, it's white cheddar or pepperjack ... even bleu cheese. Sometimes I even put an over-easy egg atop! Yum, now I'm making myself hungry again. It's a vicious cycle, haha.