"Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving;
- Play a board game if you can get someone to join you.
- Someone else mentioned putting together puzzles...that's a great idea!
- I just don't happen to have any right now to take a picture of. I wouldn't mind having some new puzzles...I may need to add that to my list of things to look for.
- Read one of the many books stacked on the end table...
- or on the bookshelves...
- Clean out an interesting old dresser drawer and sift through the memories stored within...
- Look out the windows and watch the rain falling on the trees and flowers and say a prayer of thanksgiving for the rain...
- Write in your nature journal about all the interesting birds, rabbits and flowers you have seen and enjoyed throughout the week...
|This week I saw a sneezing rabbit, (really!), a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, and|
watched juvenile cardinals fledging into their bright colors from their drab
baby colors right before my eyes...(not sure about fledging as the word..but you
get the idea)
|I discovered old cards that my children sent me, my parents gave me,|
and even some that I sent to my parents and got them back again from their
home when they passed away...special stuff!
|Amazing what some people do for fun.....|
- Of course you could do what I did...take lots of pictures about stuff you could be doing, but you are taking these silly pictures instead and thinking about what you are going to write in your blog about all of these things that you could be doing on a rainy afternoon...
- And now I think I will just have a cup of tea and sit down and read one of those books afterall.
Then check out my other page It's Recipe Thyme-My Mother's Recipes, for even more delicious ideas. You will especially want to try the Orange Cookies and the Home Made Ice-Cream...we are looking forward to making ice-cream again this 4th of July!
I hope you enjoy these family favorites...and maybe you can share some of your favorite recipes with us some day!