Amen.
Welcome to my "Open Window"...a place of hope, encouragement, and adventure as we journey down the road from "Closed Doors" to the new opportunities God places in our pathway. I hope you will take the time to go back and follow the trail of mixed blessings and fears, failures and triumphs from the past and side-trips in the present. Perhaps it will conjure up some of your own special memories, and be an invitation for you to share with others. I look forward to spending this time with you!
What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?
Remember: "When God closes a door, He always opens a window!" You never know what might be out there waiting for you!
Thursday, July 30, 2026
Thursday Thankfulness and Photo Challennge
Happy Thursday morning! What a glorious morning it is!
I love my little morning ritual of putting out the American Flag each day at sunrise, and capturing a picture of whatever kind of sunrise we may have...and no two are ever the same! Our God is an awesome God, and He paints the most beautiful pictures in the skies! No artist can ever totally duplicate what God has painted!!
I just noticed that today's (30th) photo challenge was for "shapes". I think the Stars and Stripes on the flag (above) are some of the most beautiful shapes created by our American forefathers! I am very proud of our American Flag and am so thankful to live in the "land of the free, and the home of the brave."
I was looking around for some other kinds of "shapes" to share for today, and looked up above my computer screen to the beautiful hanging beads "suncatchers" that I bought last year at a farmer's market. I believe all the basic shapes are 'clearly' represented here in living color:
These beads sparkle in the sunlight and brighten my day.
Now, the photo challenge for yesterday (29th) was "Flip-flops". I personally do not wear flip-flops, but my hubby wears a kind of a floppy sandal, and guess who really loves to play with them (along with the feet that are inside or alongside them!)
Yes, Blackie LOVES these sandals, and will lay beside them and sniff them even when Daddy is no where around. (Crazy cat! LOL).
He also loves to play "footsie" with Daddy.
We are thankful for this little bundle of energy and joy that we've been blessed with.
I have to get a move on this morning as we have haircut appointments at 9:00. So I will close with these words...
Amen.
"Be Strong in the Lord and in His Mighty Power."
Ephesians 6:10
No matter what the world throws in your path today...stand strong in God's strength.
Have a blessed and beautiful day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Those are perfect photos for shapes!
ReplyDeleteBlackie is funny, cats do have their quirks. He really is living a good life since being adopted by you two.
Have a great day!
I love that Blackie has so much fun with John's shoes. Our Lucy would push her whole head inside shoes if someone left them where she could get them! I agree with you on your thoughts about our beautiful flag! My haircut day is next Wednesday. Your bead suncatcher is lovely!! Have a happy day, dear friend! xo
ReplyDeleteGreat shapes for today's photo!! I love pretty beads. Also loving your sunrise picture. God's beauty is the best. Have a great day!!
ReplyDeleteThat Blackie is a hoot, Pamela! God has blessed both of you by sending you this love in the shape of a cat. I love your suncatcher beads, too. Blessings!
ReplyDeletePam, I really love those SunCatchers. Great shapes and the colors just sparkle. They are perfect choices for the Challenge.
ReplyDeleteHappy "Hair" Day ... I sure wish I had one of those. I know I have to do Dave's hair cut before he becomes a Shaggy Dog ... (:0)
Have a great day
Sue
Your colorful beads hanging in the window are beautiful, I love how they pick up the sunlight :)
ReplyDeleteYour bead ‘sun catchers’ are very pretty! Thanks for the encouragement to be strong in the Lord. That is excellent advice for all of us for every.single.day!
ReplyDeleteThose beads are perfect for the theme of shapes. The sunshine is beautiful as the sun shines through them. Blackie makes me smile every time I see him. He has definitely made himself at home with you two. You are "His" people now. You could never make him stay outside all of the time now.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs,
Betsy
Hello my friend. I love the suncatchers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How perfect!!!!! I hope you have a lovely rest of your day. It is winding down here.
ReplyDeletethecontemplativecat here. Your suncatchers make me smile. Blackie looks like a fun companion.
ReplyDeleteOh, those beads are perfect! Immediately I was transported back to 1968 when I used them as window coverings (v. curtains) in my dorm room.
ReplyDeleteYour Blackie is a panic ... so nice of John to give him a play thing!
You have done well with the photo challenge. I almost wanted to join in but I KNOW I couldn't keep up. I have been reading, but just busy with the grandchildren so I have failed to comment. I love our flag so much too.
ReplyDeleteI love the beads--my friend has some on metal rods that she sticks in among her flowers for added color and sparkle! Beautiful. The photo of Blackie and your DH;s feet is adorable!
ReplyDelete