What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?

What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?
Remember: "When God closes a door, He always opens a window!" You never know what might be out there waiting for you!

Monday, July 20, 2026

Monday Monday and the July Photo Challenge

Happy Monday morning! Actually, this picture of the sunrise was taken yesterday morning, but I thought it would be a beautiful and colorful way to start this day!


Today's (20th) photo challenge is colorful. 


 How about these very colorful dishcloths? Yes, that is what they are...they are "Swedish Dishcloths", and they are made of cellulose and cotton, and are meant to be replacements for paper towels or cloth dishcloths.  


They are actually a lot like a flat thin sponge, and they are super absorbent. I love these things. I use them for months...they say to wash them in the top rack of your dishwasher, but I don't have a dishwasher. I either wash them with the regular laundry, or I wash them in a little bit of bleach water to keep them from getting too stained or smelly, and just hang to dry. 
The color is quite resilient and doesn't bleach out (unless you pour pure bleach on them, which I don't. I always dilute it and just let them soak a little while as the bleach water also cleans my white sinks).
I ordered these on Amazon.com,  and there are many other patterns and designs.  To me, they are well worth the money because they really do last a long time.

Here's another colorful way to start my day...Blackie is enjoying laying on the little bench next to me as I work, while he guards the very colorful Pamela's Victorian Cottage and the little farm house scene. This is one of his many places he likes to lay in the house. He has pretty well tried them all, and takes turns on different days deciding which place he likes best for that day. One thing's for sure, once he has settled into a favorite spot, it's very difficult to get him to move. That becomes "his territory" and he guards it well. Yes, "King Blackie" is in control! LOL.

Now, I missed the photo a day prompt for yesterday (19th), which was "Black and White".  Sundays are always busy days for us and I don't often get around to reading or writing, but I did actually take some pictures to share with you today.  (I apologize for posting so many pictures for these prompts. I just can't seem to ever do JUST ONE of anything! LOL)

I walked around the house looking for things that were black and white...and here's what I found:

A gifted jar of homemade jam with a black and white checkered cover, a "swee-tea" teabag holder that was also a gift, and this white teacup and saucer with a "Constant Comment" tea bag...which added a splash of color for today's prompt!

In the guest room I found this beautiful hand made lap quilt, which was created by a dear friend of mine who originally gave it to my mother in law, but when we cleaned out my mother in law's house I found this, and I asked my friend if she would like to have it back, but she told me to keep it, and so I gladly did. It's so beautiful, and each square is different:

If you don't mind seeing more photos, I will add these close ups of the different quilt squares so you can see the details better:

This shows what is on the back of the quilt:

For those of you who are quilters, I am sure you will appreciate all the work that went into this design:









I am always amazed at the intricate designs that go into making these quilts, regardless of how big the quilt is! That was a LOT of work!! I am blessed to have this! The Lord knows I will never be able to make a quilt, so I appreciate all you who do this kind of work! And I thank my friend for this lovely gift. I don't know that she reads my blog, but just in case she does, I want her to know how much I appreciate all the hard work and love she put into it, originally for my mother in law, as they were also very good friends, but also that she cared enough for me to let me keep it. (Actually, I have another quilt made especially for me by this friend, but that's another story for another time.)

In closing, here are some words of wisdom and encouragement from God's Word for today:

Colossians 3:12-17
12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Amen.

Have a blessed and beautiful day and rest of your week!







 

11 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela! I love those swedish dishcloths too. I do have a dishwasher and they do really well in it.
    The black and white quilt is classy and beautiful too. What a talent to make that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pamela, I absolutely love ❤️ those Swedish dishcloths. I have never had a dishwasher. I am the dishwasher. LOL 😆 😂 🤣 😹
    I don't mind. I live in a 6th floor apartment and am very happy 😊 here.
    That black and white quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is of heirloom quality, Pamela. How nice that she made it for your MIL and gifted it to you. Those dishcloths do look bright and cheerful, too. And I always love seeing King Blackie on his "throne." What a sweet companion he has become for you. Have a blessed week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific Black and White choices for the challenge. I sure get far behind.
    I never heard of those Swedish Cloths before ... what kind of a Swede am I ????
    I think I have to look them up on Amazon. Could be a great gift but most of the family on Daughter in Laws side are Norwegian I guess there is a friendly rivalry between the two or so I have been told.
    Have a great week.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. The black-and-white quilt is very nice!! As a former quilter, I recognized some of the fabrics in this quilt. It's like seeing an old friend! And her piecing of the squares, triangles, rectangles is excellent. What a perfect inclusion to your post about black-and-white things! Then of course, there's Blackie, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely quilt! I am actually using a Swedith dishcloth right now. It was a gift and has cats on it! I do love it, and just throw it in the washer once a week. I will have to look for some on Amazon, because they are great to use. As always, I enjoyed visiting with you here!! Have a blessed week, Pam!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pamela...this quilt is so very pretty...I am fond of black and white colors, so this quilt speaks to my heart. I'm going on amazon as soon as I finish my comments to look for these dish cloths. I don't think you can ever have too many cloths. Hoping you all get some rain out of the tropical storm that I am seeing on the weather channel. I am wanting your pond to fill up. It is going to be HOT here this week with no rain in sight. Sending you WARM hugs for Texas

    ReplyDelete
  8. thecontemplativecat here. Your quilting squares are stunning. I can no longer quilt and have many unfinished projects, a stash for future projects, and supplies. Swedish dishcloths? wow. those are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quilts are certainly made with a lot of love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. THAT QUILT is amazing!!! Wow!!!! I love the dishcloths too! Great photos and perfect for the challenge. I love the verses you shared. I studied those last week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blackie looks right at home at the Victorian cottage! I LOVED SEEING the quilt! Quilting was a big thing with my grandmas and ancestors. I'm so blessed with quite a few that they made, I treasure them. Hope your week has started off great! HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting here today. I would love for you to sign my guestbook and let me know you stopped by. I always enjoy reading your comments and words of encouragement! May you be blessed as you go on your way. Please come back and visit again soon.