Welcome to my "Open Window"...a place of hope, encouragement, and adventure as we journey down the road from "Closed Doors" to the new opportunities God places in our pathway. I hope you will take the time to go back and follow the trail of mixed blessings and fears, failures and triumphs from the past and side-trips in the present. Perhaps it will conjure up some of your own special memories, and be an invitation for you to share with others. I look forward to spending this time with you!
What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?
Remember: "When God closes a door, He always opens a window!" You never know what might be out there waiting for you!
Thursday, July 23, 2026
Wednesday Treasures and the Photo Challenge a day late
I am a day late, and most always always a dollar short! LOL. I started writing this yesterday, and then we made a trip to Walmart, came home, had lunch, took a brief power nap, took hubby to the PCP for his pre-op appointment for the upcoming cataract surgery. We were blessed to be able to get in on such short notice, because the pre-op needs to be done no later than one week prior to the surgery, and his surgery is set for August 6th, which we only found out about on Tuesday! So, with a quick call to our PCP Tuesday afternoon, they had him in on Wednesday afternoon! One of the "perks" of small town living and having a doctor's office that always tries to take care of its patients in a timely manner.
So now it is Thursday morning, and I am in a bit of a rush this morning as well. We are having someone come over for lunch today, and I've been cleaning house and making preparations for that. I will share more about this special day in a later post, because it is something special that I hinted at last week. So stay tuned!
Meanwhile, yesterday's Photo-a-day challenge was a "TREE". So here is my favorite tree at the Kenwood Boat Ramp where we like to go take walks...
Psalm 1:1-3
"1 Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper."
Jeremiah 17:7-8 NKJV
7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
And whose hope is the Lord.
8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And will not fear when heat comes;
But its leaf will be green
And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
Nor will cease from yielding fruit.
These are the trees around our "Still Waters Pond". Even though the pond is still very dry, the trees continue to grow and flourish. They have not "been anxious in the year of drought", and their leaves are still green.
Matthew 7:17-18: "So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit."
This is the bottlebrush bush/tree that I planted several years ago, and it has grown beautifully this year in spite of the drought. The birds and bees and hummingbirds all love to come and delight in the nectar of the beautiful red flowers that have bloomed better this year than ever!
Here's a picture of that bush during one of the few rainstorms we had this past week:
Well, duty calls. I have a lot to get done before noon today, so I will leave this for now. I don't have a picture to share, but Blackie either brought in or one came in with him this morning, a little salamander type lizard. He chased it around the house for a few minutes until finally the lizard had to give up. I shooed both Blackie and the poor lifeless lizard out the door, and that's where Blackie is staying for now. LOL.
So with that I will bid your adieu. Perhaps that picture could be my "Ordinary Moment" for today's photo challenge. Although Blackie is anything but "ordinary"! LOL. Have a blessed day everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I like the tree photos. They have such an interesting shape!
ReplyDeleteWe have a bottle brush bush for the first time this year and are enjoying it.
I'll be looking forward to hearing more about your day today!
Pam, glad to see that even though Still Waters pond is not doing well, the trees are thriving. I hope you have an enjoyable day with your visiting company. Shame on Blackie for chasing that lizard into your home.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you could get John's pre-op done in time, Pamela. Yes, living in a small community does have its perks. That tree is glorious, too. Have a wonderful lunch with your mystery visitor!
ReplyDeleteBlackie definitely isn't Ordinary !!!
ReplyDeleteHope you are having a wonderful lunch with your guest. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.
Love your tree photos and the bottle brush. Love the hummers that come when it is in bloom.
Sue
I think Blackie is a beautiful cat. I hope you have a great lunch with your friend. sandie/chatty
ReplyDeleteFlorida's beautiful live oak trees are so majestic and many are so very old! That's a great photo!! Blackie is the King, for sure! Our cats used to bring the lizards in when they could go in and out around the screened in pool and patio. I usually found them dead and/or tail-less. I'm looking forward to reading about your surprise guest!! xo
ReplyDeleteOh wow. The tree! Absolutely beautiful pictures. I hope you had a great lunch.
ReplyDeleteYour trees are very beautiful and do look healthy even without much moisture. I keep praying for rain for you. We've been blessed all summer so far with at least one really good rainfall a week, sometimes more. People haven't even had to water their lawns or gardens much at all, even with the extreme heat we've had. I hope your luncheon went well and you enjoying your time with your guest.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and love,
Betsy
It’s looking greener around your pond area. The trees are different from the ones I see here, and they’re very nice. We have a different species of oaks that are different from yours. I love all trees. Blackie is looking good, and he just brought you a little love gift.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad all the pre-op stuff fell in place for y'all!
ReplyDeleteThese are great images; don't tell Blackie, but he looks like a total rock star. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your lunch!