What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?

What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?
Remember: "When God closes a door, He always opens a window!" You never know what might be out there waiting for you!

Sunday, October 4, 2026

Sunday Night Revue

'Tis the season...

I bought a can of pumpkin the other day, rather than buying a whole real pumpkin, which would probably rot on the porch since it's still so warm here...and I asked hubby if he would prefer some Pumpkin Bread, or a Pumpkin Pie...and so you see what he requested above.

I usually try to hold off baking pumpkin pies until closer to Thanksgiving so we don't burn out on them, but since he asked so sweetly, how could I refuse?

My can of whipped cream was getting a bit empty, so it looks rather puny on top of these pieces of pie, but it was still good.

Lucy Goosey approves.  Yes, she's flying around the house these days. No telling where she'll end up next. I just listen for her special "Honk".  (That's Goose Talk for Hello, Here I am!)

We've been promised a lot of rain this week, and so these clouds that were rolling in this afternoon looked pretty promising...


I could hear the thunder rolling in the distance, so we brought Blackie in the house and waited for the storm to arrive.


It finally got here and came down pretty good for a few minutes, and then it went on its merry way.

Meanwhile, as I was trying to take pictures at the back door, this is what I was contending with...

Someone absolutely LOVES my shoes...


He makes it impossible for me to go anywhere!

So I just let him enjoy snuggling up to my shoes for a few minutes, as long as he doesn't nip at my ankle bones, which does occasionally happen when he gets carried away with the excitement of chewing on my shoes!  The things we put up with for the love of a kitty cat!  Gotta love him....
He looks like he's in kitty heaven. You should hear him purring! What a sweetheart!

Speaking of hearts...this was on the back porch a while ago when I went back outside to try and take some more pictures...

I call it a little God Wink...a message of Love sent from heaven to earth to bless my day.

"The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying:
“Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love;"
Jeremiah 31:3

It was supposed to rain again at 6:00, but it's now 6:30, and this is how it looks:

Time will tell if we get any more rain tonight...almost an inch was forecasted for today, and we barely got a teacup full.  But the night's not over yet...it still says more rain is on the way in the next couple of hours, so we shall see.

And no, I didn't get that garden bed weeded yet. Scott didn't come down today because we had a meeting after church and so he said he'd come next week. It doesn't look too bad from up here on the porch! LOL.  

Here are some good things to remember from God's Word for today...


Psalm 18:30-32
"As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
31 For who is God, except the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect."

I pray that God will arm you with the strength that you need for this week...and that you will know that He is making your way perfect.  God's Word is true and is "proven"...and "He is a shield for all who trust in Him."  When we place our trust in the LORD, He will provide all the protection and strength that we need.  Those are some good promises to us as we keep our eyes on Him.  Amen.

Have a blessed and beautiful week.


11 comments:

  1. I made pumpkin muffins yesterday - yum!
    I'm happy you got some rain and I hope more continues to fall this week.
    Love the heart leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your site so much. Growing up in Pike County, Illinois, I now live in southern California. Fall in your part of the country is so marvelous. Here, the temp is 104 deg and will be like that forever. We live in Murrieta, CA where it is desert climate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a pretty good rain this evening. It rained hard for about 30 minutes. Hope you got some too! I only want one piece of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving Day. That's enough for me. I do love my mom's recipe for pumpkin bread, though! That heart shaped leaf is beautiful. It would like nice, preserved and framed!! Have a happy week ahead, Pam!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blackie loves you so much. I loved Lucy Goosey. I also love PUMPKIN PIE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could send you some of the rain we have gotten and are still getting. It would fill up that pond. That little thing sitting down in the Bay of Campeche has me watching too. Maybe that will just be rain and keep the hurricanes at bay.
    The pie looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you get any extra rain please send it our way . . . I love pumpkin pie ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure hope you got more rain last night, Pamela, as you sorely need it! I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie, but yours sure does look tempting! And yes, I agree, Blackie is a cutie even if he does get "underfoot." Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just researched drought conditions for Florida and they think it might get much wetter in the months ahead but, not nearly what you need. But we know who is in charge and the wonders He can do! It's nice to see Blackie being so at home with you. They can make wonderful friends. Pie looks good! Here in NJ we are over our requirement for rainfall and the Nor'easter dumped almost 8 inches on us. Its been rainy now for a few days as well. I will see if I can send some your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do make pies for Thanksgiving but not another one all year! Blackie looks very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Blackie is really something else !!!
    Sure hope you get the promised rain asap !!
    Love the Heart leaf and yumm on pumpkin pie. I really love it.
    HONK, HONK to Mrs. Goose too. Too cute.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, your pumpkin pie looks so yummy! I've never made one of my own, largely because Tom's not fond of it. Wal-Mart sells these dear little 4" pies, however, which is the perfect size so I won't indulge.
    Lucy the Goose looks adorable in her block and hat. Blackie had better be careful, or she may steal his spotlight.
    I'm so glad you're getting that much-needed rainfall. Ours was bit a pittance; no need for even an umbrella. Oh well, the season is young!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting here today. I would love for you to sign my guestbook and let me know you stopped by. I always enjoy reading your comments and words of encouragement! May you be blessed as you go on your way. Please come back and visit again soon.