What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?

What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?
Remember: "When God closes a door, He always opens a window!" You never know what might be out there waiting for you!

Saturday, October 10, 2026

Saturday Morning

Good Saturday Morning!  I hope this finds you doing well...I am concerned about some of our blogging friends in the panhandle of Florida, Alabama, Western Georgia, and beyond, who may be experiencing the effects of Hurricane Isaias today.  I haven't heard too much about how severe the impact was in those areas yet, but I did see that a lot of people were definitely without power.  We've been praying for you, and if you are in that area, we hope you will be able to check in soon and let us know how you are. Thankfully the storm did not come in our direction, and we only got some faint outer bands of rain periodically, but nothing severe here at all. Actually, we got less rain the past 24 hours than we did all week long! In a way I am a bit disappointed, because we were really hoping we would get more of that rain here, but we are thankful that we didn't get any serious storm issues.

As a matter of fact, the sun was shining this morning for a while! We hadn't even tried to put out the flag the past several days due to the rain, but this morning has been dry enough so far to let our flag wave in the breeze.  

 It was nice to see the sun again!!



And I know this isn't very clear, but I took this picture a little while ago through the window. I just wanted to give you an update on the status of Still Waters Pond...yes, you can actually see water over there on top of the pond bed, and there is a lot more water over under the bushes where it is a bit deeper, so that's progress! It looks like there's a moose walking over there and a fish ready to jump in the water! LOL.  That's our wind chime that was created especially for us after our son Matthew passed away, by a friend of ours who does amazing copper work.  You can click HERE if you would like to know more about the history of this windchime.

Yesterday I took advantage of some of the drier times of the day and went outside to examine what I was seeing out on the grass...
This trail of mushrooms was growing all in a line on the other side of our fence. There must've been a tree root or something under the ground that has decayed and these mushrooms have sprung up because of the rain to "lead the way".  

Aren't they funny?

I have managed to do a little reading this past week since we weren't out and about as much due to the rainy weather.  I checked this book out from the library, along with another one by the same author.  The other one I never made it past the third chapter. I just couldn't get into it, so I put it aside and tried this one in  hopes that it would be better, and it definitely was.  I enjoyed this book...even though there were parts that literally had me in tears...but to me, that's a sign of a good book! There may have been a few episodes that were not in my particular taste for what I like to read, but they weren't overly graphic and I was able to get through them without being too disturbed. (LOL).   The overall book was good and worth the read.

So, I took those two books back to the library yesterday and picked up this one that I had ordered online through our library system.  It is written by the author of "The Help", which I liked very much (and also saw the movie), so I thought I'd give this one a try. I just got started on it last night, and so far, so good.


What I wasn't expecting was that this book is literally 2 inches thick, and it's not even a large print book! So I guess I'll be reading this one for a little while! LOL.


Speaking of books, I received this sweet little bookshelf lantern as a birthday gift from one of our thoughtful and sweet blogging friends.  I had never seen anything like it before, and I thought it was just so fun...

I love how it adds a soft glow to my bookshelf and it just makes me smile when I look at it. You know, we have some of the sweetest blogging sisters...and I treasure every one of you!


I didn't have a lot of photos to share this week, so I didn't even bother to do a Friday Foto post yesterday. But I did have these photos of Blackie that I thought his fans would like...one morning when he came inside he was a little damp from the rain, even though he stays primarily on the covered porch...he apparently had gone out in the yard to take care of business, and he was damp...so I covered him up with this old towel and dried him off, and he loved it...



So we left the towel on the floor for him, and he now wants to lay on it when he comes inside.
However, sometimes he rolls off the towel while taking a nap...

I had to check his breathing to make sure he was still alive in this picture. All four of his feet where in the air and he was sound asleep! He's still such a character, and yes, he is well loved. He does, however enjoy going outside and watching the birds and doing "cat things", but then he's always happy to come back inside for his meals and to get some lovin'.  

Well, I can't think of anything else to say. We don't have any special plans for the weekend except for church tomorrow, and I am assuming Scott will be here by lunch time.  And no, we still haven't had that phone call conversation with our grandson. His "break times" at work just weren't a good time for him to try and call us, and I don't know what his days off are, so I will just wait patiently for him to get around to calling. At least the text messages were thoughtful and sweet, and I will be thankful for whatever communication we can have.  


Here's some good food for thought today...

Have a blessed and safe weekend.



6 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful gift that lantern is, Pamela! That's one of the cutest things I've seen. Speaking of cute, Blackie takes the cake in that department. I always enjoy seeing him in your photos. Mushrooms do tend to sprout up after a good rain, and your pictures of them are great. We finally got some rain from the hurricane, but thankfully, no wind damage here. Such a relief! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that lantern! And I want to read the Calamity Club. It has been raining here in Ocala for 3 days straight, sigh, now listen, I am not complaining because we sure need it. The sun was shining a short while ago, but it looks like it wants to rain again and it sure is humid. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gooood morning, my friend! Thank you so much for the prayers ... we made it through the storm with only a few scattered power outages. I think little Grace was more affected; maybe the barometric pressure has something to do with it?
    Would you believe, I checked out Calamity Club last month, but its sheer length felt too overwhelming. Now I'm toying with downloading it on audio to listen through my ear buds when I start walking Village Green. I love that little lantern; in fact, it landed in my Amazon cart a while back while I'm still trying to decide if I need it. LOL!
    There's still a soft rain falling outside the window, so I feel no guilt not getting out there and picking up limbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that's a good prompt ... don't grow weary and don't loose heart ...that's a good word for me too.
    Love your Blackie ... he sure knows he is loved and is living the good life.
    That little library lamp is so cute. Its perfect where you placed it.
    Nice to see the pond filling up a bit and glad you are safe. Praying for all those in harms way.
    Looks like you 've got a great book to keep you occupied durning the rainy times.
    Have a great rest of the weekend.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy thing to see water covering the pond!
    I love that bookshelf lamp. I've never seen anything like it before either.
    I'm going to have to look for that book. I really enjoyed The Help.
    Good meme at the end of this post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was worrying you might get hit by that bad weather.
    But on the other side I was hoping the pond would get water... so it is... Great!!

    Happy birthday!!!

    The lantern is sooo nice!!!

    I love to see mushrooms. Had a look in the garden at the place where they appear often, but nothing yet.

    Blackie is so funny!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting here today. I would love for you to sign my guestbook and let me know you stopped by. I always enjoy reading your comments and words of encouragement! May you be blessed as you go on your way. Please come back and visit again soon.