What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?

What Do You See Outside YOUR Open Window Today?
Remember: "When God closes a door, He always opens a window!" You never know what might be out there waiting for you!

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Tuesday 4~What Are You Going to Do?

 Good Tuesday Morning, Friends! I am running way behind in my reading and writing this week, and totally forgot this was Tuesday already! So I will try to get this done before the day is gone.  We are still having issues with Blogger not updating the posts and that makes it difficult to keep up with everyone, but slowly but surely I am trying to get caught up. Thank you all for continuing to do what you do so well in spite of all the glitches here in Blogland.   So here we go with today's Tuesday 4...


What Are You Going to Do?





Welcome to Tuesday 4 continued in the memory of Toni Taddeo, its original author

Here are a few questions for you to consider.


1. What things do you enjoy doing when you have time on your hands?
Hmmm, well, since we are retired we have a "lot" of time on our hands...or so you'd think...but between doctor appointments and keeping up with life in general, it doesn't seem like there really is a lot of timon our hands. However, that being said, I do enjoy doin things like reading, (when someone isn't taking over my chair!!)

 taking rides and looking for things to take pictures of, taking walks when the weather is a bit cooler, which we are still waiting for...and also I like to read your posts and write my own.   We haven't been anywhere special lately as I was kind of "under the weather" over the weekend and didn't even go to church on Sunday, and then we had our follow up Doctor visits yesterday to find out results of last week's labs.  Some good, some not so good and some medications are being changed or added as a result. So we'll see how that goes...

However, we did take a little ride the other evening, and the skies were so interesting that I decided to take some pictures of the skies as we were driving along the highway. (Hubby driving, of course, not me!)
The sun was in the process of going down, but there were a lot clouds in the way.  It looked like a storm was brewing, but I don't think we got any rain that particular evening.



I love that we passed by this very smooth as glass lake and I finally got a picture of it as we drove by...

 We drive by this lake every day, and I rarely get a picture, so I was happy I managed to do so this time.
It may be a little blurry because we were traveling at the time, but still, it's a lovely view of the natural beauty we have all around us here in our community.

One last view of those clouds! 

A little later, after we got back home, this was the view from our own back yard over Still Waters Pond:
Even without the water in the pond, the sunsets are still stunning!

Also, I was so happy to see this new sign in the entrance to our neighborhood! I don't know who had it created and installed, but it is a vast improvement over what was there before. It makes it look like you are entering a really lovely neighborhood...which it is in some parts, but there's a lot of parts that aren't so pretty, so at least this is a start.  Maybe it will instill some pride in people and make them want to clean up their own yards to help our whole neighborhood look pretty...at least this is a start.


2. Last minute company coming tonight for dinner! What do you cook?
If it's really last minute, we may have to order pizza from Domino's. LOL.  If I have a little warning I can usually make some spaghetti and hopefully a salad, and mix up a batch of brownies and let them bake while we eat. I try to keep a brownie mix on hand just for that purpose because sometimes the kids come over at the last minute and we throw our things together to make a quick meal.  

Even though I wasn't feeling all that well on Sunday and stayed home from church, I knew our son Scott was coming down to spend the afternoon and do his laundry as per his usual Sunday afternoon routine.  I had some chicken breasts in the freezer that needed to get cooked because they'd been in there too long...so I thawed them out overnight knowing that Scott would be able to cook them on the grill for us.  I wish I'd gotten a picture of that because they turned out so pretty! He's a grill cook from many years of restaurant cooking and always makes things look good! Anyway, son Benton also came over since Rose had to work, and the guys all watched football together. Benton is a huge Cleveland  Browns fan from way back in the day when we used to live near Cleveland when he was a young child. Even though they haven't been the best team, he stays faithful to them, and last year for Christmas his Aunt Peggy and Uncle Billy gave him a Browns t-shirt and Brown's Tervis Tumbler...so he wanted his picture taken while watching the game with him wearing the t-shirt and using the tumbler so I could send it to them to see that he appreciates their gift!  Funny thing, Peggy texted back a picture of her wearing her Detroit Lions t-shirt and using her Lions Tervis Tumbler too, while she watched the Detroit Lions playing football, as that is her favorite time from the years she lived in Michigan as a child. 



3. You've got a day to do anything and the weather is perfect outside, how are you going to spend the day?
Probably take a ride to a nice place to walk somewhere special...maybe even pick up some food and take it to a park to eat.  Once the weather cools down a bit we spend a lot more time outside than we do all summer.  

4. It's morning and you are asked out for breakfast. What are you ordering?
Well, my usual is scrambled eggs or an omelette, hash browns, bacon and either wheat toast or cinnamon raisin toast. If they don't have that, then biscuits, and hot tea to drink. That's what I had last week when we went out to breakfast after our fasting labs.

Okay, that's all folks! Hubby just said he wanted to take a ride!

Thanks for joining in!

Here's some good words of advice from God's Word:

Colossians 2:6-10

6 As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, 
7 rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. 
9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 
10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

27 comments:

  1. I did love your photos of the clouds and that gorgeous lake, Pamela! And I sure hear you when it comes to doctors' appointments. Being retired is no guarantee that life will be leisurely. Oh, well! Let's enjoy each day as it comes. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thought we were going to have lots of time being retired and also find that's not true. We've been blessed in not having lots of Dr appts, but we do seem to have lots of church things. And that's good - nice to be able to help in ways we couldn't when working.
    I love your photos today - beautiful sky and water!
    I enjoyed reading about your Sunday too. Family time is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you got a new sign for your neighborhood. The pictures of the clouds were pretty by you. Yes, you would think when retired we would have more time - but no.
    Love, Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hope you enjoyed your ride with your Hubby. I love spontaneous things like that. We sure haven't done that for a while. Glad you are feeling better and have a great dinner tonight.
    Beautiful cloud shots too.
    I sure hope Blogger begins to cooperate for you asap...
    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the lake photos. I hope your pond fills up soon. I am sure the ducks are sad to see it so dry. They are saying you might have a cooler winter than usual down there so I hope that turns out to be a blessing and not super snow storms ! I love that Blackie has felt so at home and has taken over the oversight of the house. Even keeping your chair warm now! Now you know you're loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lake photos are so pretty!! Blackie is definitely a star!! I hope your pond gets wetter soon so the Sandhill Cranes can get back to having babies for us to see through your photos!! Sending a hug! Glad you are feeling better, Pam! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you've been feeling under the weather again. Tom's in the same boat, so I'm glad he sees his primary doc tomorrow. Gosh, it seems every time we turn around it's to one medical facility or another ... who has time to live the Life of Riley, hahaha. (I don't really mean to complain; so grateful to have good healthcare nearby.)
    Last minute company? Well, it's still so uncomfortable (hot) here, I've not turned on the oven since April. Pizza's always a good bet ... or the MardiGras baked wings from Publix.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful sky photos. I'm sorry you've been under the weather and have some not so good news on the tests. I pray all works out for the greater good. It sounds like you've had some good family time with your sons despite not feeling so great. Take care dear Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my....I'll try not to hold the Cleveland Browns thing against Benton (Steeler girl here!). lol Loved the pictures from your ride. I always loved taking a ride when we lived in Florida, though I especially liked mornings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL on the Browns vs. Steelers. Our grandson Noah is a big Steelers fan. Why, I don't know as he lives in Maine and you'd think he'd be a Patriots fan, but for some reason he picked out the Steelers when he was a little boy and he has stuck with them. I like to think it's because my original family roots are from Pennsylvania, but he doesn't know that or even care about that, so I don't think that has anything to do with it. LOL. My father was a Penn State fan, and my mother a Ohio Buckeyes fan, and so when they'd play each other there was always a big rivalry in the house. LOL. Fun fun fun. I hope you are doing well and feeling better. Still praying for your recovery!

      Delete
  10. You must have picked up the same cold my husband got. He's fine now - just a cough. Its been over a week and so far so good for me. With the way he felt, all the sneezing and coughing I thought for sure, this one was going to get me!
    Enjoyed all your sky and lake photos. That's a nice sign for your village. Do you have many palm trees?

    I'm so disappointed with Blogger and this feed issue. Even on feedly or inoreader, I have to click on the blog to comment. It's taking twice as long so I feel I'm missing posts.
    Oh well,.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debby...just to answer some questions...I don't have a cold, but other "issues" of a more "personal" physical nature. I am on some strong antibiotics now, which can be just as miserable as the problem it's trying to cure, but I gotta do what I gotta do and get over this thing. Re: Palm Trees, when they first developed our little neighborhood back in the 1970's they planted a LOT of palm trees on every street. So yes, there are still a lot of them, but many are older now and also crowded in by other trees around them so they aren't as noticeable as they probably once were. I personally am not a fan of palm trees, but this is Florida, and yes, there are a lot of them everywhere else around us. Actually, except for a few wild palmetto bushes, we don't have a palm tree in our own yard. We have more Live Oaks and Pine trees and a variety of other natural trees, like hollies and magnolias and even some maples, but not the real pretty colorful ones like up north. Still, there are plenty of trees to go around. LOL. And yes, I hope Blogger does something to fix this feed issue. It's quite annoying and takes the fun out of blogging when we have to work so hard to find our friends or them find us. I hope everyone doesn't give up and go away in the meantime. That would be so sad. Have a blessed and beautiful day where you are, and stay healthy!

      Delete
  11. What beautiful photos of the sunsets/clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds much like my days. I'm home all day (except Sam's Doctor's appointments) but I am always so busy . not sure what happened to my plans of just relaxing, exercising and doing hobbies. lol. sounds like you are prepared for drop in company.. spaghetti, salad and brownies are an easy fix and most everyone enjoys this kind of meal. rides are enjoyable and I always like to try to notice things I've not ever paid attention to. enjoy your day today and give blackie a little hug from texas

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely answers, especially those photos of the sky and the lake, so pretty! Wishing you strength with the lab results, I hope the adjusted medications work well soon. And always keeping a brownie mix on hand for unexpected guests is such a smart idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do hope you are feeling better. Ah - doctor appointments, I sort of feel like I stay there with me, Jeff, and my mom. Good grief there is always one and it tires me out as much as a long walk. I think because the walk is a lot more fun. I always love your outdoor pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pam, Thank you for mentioning that Blogger is not updating posts. I was assuming/hoping it wasn’t just me. It has contributed to me being behind in reading and commenting, too.

    It that glass-like lake is on Hwy 20, then I know which one this is. What a beautiful couple of snapshots you got of it!

    LOVE the Palm Shores sign! I can see why you are so pleased with it.

    Your verses from Colossians: it is so good to be reminded that we are complete in Christ. His grace enables us to do whatever we need to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Barbara, that is Lake Ida, alongside route 20. It's not too far from us, and is within walking distance from Benton and Rose's home. They get to see some amazing sunsets there!

      Delete
  16. That is a good point. If it were really short notice, I would probably do pizza too. I used to have a dinner in the freezer I could make up quick. I haven't done that in years though. Hope you are having a nice week! Loved your answers.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hopefully you're feeling better. What a beautiful sunset

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Pamela, your photos are beautiful. Many people have been using Feedly even before the news reader issues occurred. I think it is wise to have another reader. Consider it a backup.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pamela, it was so good to see your comment! Yes, I have stopped blogging here. It just seemed like time. No reason other than that, although I do check in from time to time. I was happy to see your picture of Blackie. I remember when he lived outside. Yours is one of the blogs I always enjoyed reading. Glad to see you are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Pamela. Yes, I am having trouble with blogger and seeing updates too, so I am glad you commented on my latest post so I could come over and pay you a visit! I want to stop by more often and see what you are up to because I always enjoy reading your blog! You have some stunning photos in the post. I love them! I hope that all is going well and that you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just typed a long comment and it turned gray and vanished 😢 😢

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'll try again later I guess GET WELL SOON . LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here it is! Your comment is here, but I guess not the long one you did before. Not sure where it went. Things have been crazy on blogger lately.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting here today. I would love for you to sign my guestbook and let me know you stopped by. I always enjoy reading your comments and words of encouragement! May you be blessed as you go on your way. Please come back and visit again soon.