
Happy Tuesday! Before we get into the subjects of the day, I wanted to share this picture from our ride up to the Eye Surgeon's appointments this morning. Hubby and I both had appointments to discuss whether or not we were ready for cataract surgery. As it turns out, thankfully my doctor said I could still wait awhile and he doesn't need to see me again for a year, unless I develop more symptoms. However, hubby is scheduled to have his right eye done the first week in August. He's already had the left eye done. So we will be making that hour's trip again in August. That picture is of where the Black Creek comes across from the St. John's River, and I always love to take a picture when we pass by there. As you can see, it was a beautiful morning, and we are thankful for a safe ride up and back. Also, we had lunch at Ruby Tuesday's after our appointment. I especially wanted to go there to have their honey glazed salmon on a salad. And since hubby had his eyes dilated and couldn't drive, I got to choose where to go! LOL. It was so good!
Okay, let's get on with the program for today!
Toiletries and Cosmetics

Welcome to Tuesday 4 which was started by Toni Taddeo and kept up in memory and honor of her.
How about talking about cosmetics and toiletries this week?
Let's jump right in, shall we?
1. What brand of shampoo do you think works best for you and what does it do for you?
2. Do you use cosmetics and if so what do you use?
Here's my stash of cosmetics...Covergirl Clean Makeup, Avon Tawny Eyebrow pencil, Avon black wash off/waterproof mascara (although I rarely use it anymore), "Believe" Eye Shadow, (bought at Dollar General), Avon Glimmer Lipstick, and Avon Glimmer Blush Stick.
Oh, and Aveeno Fragrance Free Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion for my face and hands and anywhere else that needs it.
I also use some Beef Tallow Balm/Cream...These are locally created. I love the "Fat Mama's Tallow" Lavender Balm, but "Fat Mama" has stopped making it as they are not processing as much beef tallow as they once were. So I have just discovered this "Hippie Dippie Florida Beef Tallow Whipped Frankincense Cream" at the Deep Creek Trading Post. I use these products primarily on my heels and toes and elbows, or other rough dry patches on my skin. I would like to ask the Hippie Dippie people if they could make some with the Lavender scent instead of the Frankinsense, because I love lavender fragrance so much better. We shall see what develops.
3. Do you use a washcloth on your face?
Yes, I believe using a washcloth is very healthy for your skin, to help fully cleanse, exfoliate, open your pores and give your face a healthy glow. At least that's what my mama taught me, so that is what I do!
4. Do you have an all time favorite perfume or scent that you wear? If you don't wear perfumes, is there a scent that you love in general?
I do NOT wear any kind of perfume as perfumes are just too strong for me and they give me a serious sick headache. I honestly don't know how people can stand to wear that stuff all the time! LOL. But if they do, I much prefer that they don't give me any hugs because it literally makes me ill. I love hugs...just can't tolerate the strong scents, even in the same room. Sorry. Same with candles and air fresheners, and especially Bath and Body Works soaps, etc. They are WAY too strong for me!
However, I do love the lavender essential oil fragrance in my soap and lotions, as long as it isn't too strong. The bar of soap below is a Lavender scented Goats Milk Soap, and it is locally made. We used to sell this at our family owned Dixie Cottage store. The lady who makes it lives in Salt Springs, and she doesn't make it much anymore, but she will make up a batch for Rose and me and we buy a few month's supply at a time. She makes some other fragrances also, but lavender is my favorite. The Goats Milk Soap is so good for our skin.
Now, let's move on to the July Photo a Day Challenge for today, shall we?
Today's challenge (21), is "RED". Well, I had to think about that because I don't have a lot of red in my house, but I remembered something special that I had tucked away for MANY years in a dresser drawer (about 58 years to be exact).
Yes, ladies, this is MY Letterman's Jacket from high school! Our school colors were Red and White, and I lettered in Cheerleading:
Oh, this picture could have been for the day 19th Black and White photo challenge:

Yes, that's "me", from my senior yearbook. The cheerleading uniform is also red and white. We had to wear sweaters, which, as you can imagine, here in Florida could be quite 'warm" to say the least! Although we may have had a few chilly fall nights during our football season, after spending a couple of hours at a football game jumping up and down and cheering and doing our little cheer routines (NO GYMNASTICS back when I was a cheerleader, thank goodness! I would never have qualified for that! LOL) the sweaters could get quite hot and miserable! Especially in this very humid climate. But somehow we survived and we were very proud to wear our uniforms. And I was very honored to be inducted into the "sacred" Letterman's Club, which was primarily made up of football, basketball, and baseball players, with the exception of the cheerleaders! I honestly don't remember that we ever did anything all that special, except for have a banquet at the end of the school year to hand out the awards to all of the athletes. But it was a fun time. I sure couldn't do any of that cheerleading stuff today!! My body just doesn't have the strength anymore for that kind of activity.
However, this is the kind of strength I do have..."The Joy of the Lord is My Strength"...Nehemiah 8:10
When we walk with the Lord, He gives us the strength to accomplish everything we need to do...and gives us the joy that the world can't take away!
Praise the Lord!
Okay, That's All folks!
Have a blessed rest of your day!
Yes to no perfume!! It also gives me a sick headache. Congrats on winning that letter in high school!! I discovered beef tallow products a while back and love using them. I even have a beef tallow and honey liquid hand soap I use in the kitchen. Fun questions. I'm sorry I missed them. Not sure what happened, but they weren't there at 9:00 p.m. so I pulled one from the archives. Happy days!
ReplyDeleteWonderful post. I love reading what everyone uses. My high school colors were maroon and white. I miss those days a lot lately. Thanks for joining in. I so enjoyed reading your answers.
ReplyDeleteI hope your husband will be successful with his cataract surgery. I agree about perfume. I love your red jacket. Chatty Crone/sandie
ReplyDeleteI enjoy seeing what you use. I also like using tallow products.
ReplyDeleteThe jacket is great and I love the photo of you in it!
I enjoyed your answers and your photos in response to the 4 questions. Have a great rest of the week and all the best for a great outcome for your husbands's cataract surgery.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed seeing all the tallow products you use, right now I use Eucerin which works well for my skin. You were a pretty cheerleader and a great photo-a-day model. :))
ReplyDelete