I absolutely love this jaunty little fox, trotting away after very efficiently darting into the woods, finding a tasty morsel of something to eat, rodent or reptile I do not know, finishing it off rapidly,
and continuing on his way back into the woods for the day. This little fox has captured my imagination...and possibly a few others who have seen my post of these pictures on Facebook since yesterday.
Got me to thinking about the times that we need to do just like this fox...take care of the necessities of life, whatever they may be...work, food, shelter, and then just keep on going. Don't get bogged down by things that distract us from our real purpose.
- toxic relationships...people that drag us down, lead us astray, keep us from blossoming
- material attachments...more things...bigger, better, more expensive, prettier, or sentimental objects that weigh us down
- too many projects that really have no vital purpose and take up our time, money, and space
- social attachments that steal our time away from our loved ones...cell phones, social media, internet
- "Responsibilities"...duties we take on that perhaps aren't really our responsibilities but somehow we have allowed ourselves to become pressured into making them our own
- clutter...cluttered closets, garages, sheds, kitchen cupboards, shelves, desks, drawers, rooms, attics, basements, porches, cluttered minds...
- guilt trips...things I should have done, things I should not have done, things I want to do and can't, things I don't want to do but do anyway
- toxic memories...memories of sorrow, fear, anxieties about things that I need to forget...and perhaps forgive
- The First Step is to PRAY.
- Then go down the list above...make your own list and prioritize those things that need to go first.
- Work on one item at a time.
- PRAY again. Ask God for wisdom.
- "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." Matthew 6:33
- If you need wisdom to carry out this process in your life, ask God. "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind." James 1:5-6
- Don't allow this process to further bind you in guilt and frustration. Take your time. Let God lead you. But DO listen to His prompting when He speaks to your heart. Don't turn away from the help He is sending your way.
You might also like to read another story about some little foxes in our lives... Click on the blue.