or build that little guest cabin,
or finish my front porch, or plant those flowers and take better care of them than I have in the past. Good intentions...we all have them. Dreams, schemes, and plans for a better life, a great retirement, a wonderful vacation, more friends and fellowship, more time for home and family.
|(all signs are courtesy of Ben's Country Woodshop)|
How can we turn this around and get back on track? Good question. I'm asking myself that right now. There must be a way. We just can't give up and throw in the towel.
- Pray for fresh inspiration from God.
- Look into God's Word, the Bible, for answers and direction.
- Spend time in His presence, away from the cares of the world for a while. Every day...
- Resist the temptation to go here and there, chasing the whirlwind of activity and worldly answers.
- Don't look at your circumstances and fear that there is no hope.
- "Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established." Proverbs 16:3
- "Do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you. Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." Luke 12:29-32
- Fix your eyes on Christ..."the author and finisher of our faith..." (Hebrews 12:2) and
- "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (II Corinthians 4:18, NIV)
- "For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." (II Corinthians 5:1, NKJV)