Have a blessed day my friends!
Original Post 7/25/2014:
"Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we do not lose heart."
"I strongly debated shutting down my Facebook page last night and just walking away from all negative people and comments. I am still not totally convinced that I should stay here. But God has reminded me that I am to be "the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house." Matthew 5:14-15.
Verse 16 goes on to say: "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."
Therefore, even though I do not boast that I have any good works, but the things that I do and the words that I say I pray will be a light in the dark places of this earth. I pray that my life will be a shining light and not a millstone of darkness. I pray that God will continue to shine through the places of my heart that I feel led to share with you. If I tend to go astray or wander into places where I shouldn't be, I pray that God will gently lead me back to where He wants me to be. I pray that this place will be an instrument of peace and love and glory to God. If it becomes anything else, I do have the right to remove comments that I think are more harmful or hurtful than positive. I can and will censor comments that are addressed to me or tagged with my name that I believe are in direct conflict with my beliefs and what I stand for. If that offends anyone, you certainly have my permission to "unfriend" me. Thank you dear friends, for standing up for the truth with me. May God bless your day with His grace and love."
Within minutes comments of encouragement, affirmation, love and comfort came pouring in. I was so overwhelmed by this response that I realized that God must have planned this so that I would see that my life here and there were valuable to others as well as to God.
When I woke up this morning I saw that even more people had responded during the night, and again I was so touched and amazed, this is what I said,
"I woke up this morning expecting this post/messages to be over...and yet here are more that came during the night! I am so overwhelmed with this outpouring of love and support I just can't begin to fathom or believe it! This has been quite a humbling experience for me. I thought I could just slink away and no one would notice or even care...but this has been a good lesson for me. And it should be for others too...Our lives matter to others. We are here for a purpose. Whether it be on facebook, or in our "real life" with our families, friends and co-workers, what we do really matters to others. How we live makes an impact that we do not even realize. I am amazed at how far-reaching that impact is. I hope we will all think about this in our own lives today. The little pebbles we toss carelessly into the water have a much larger rippling effect throughout our world. This has been quite an eye-opener to me. Thank you everyone for your love and support. You are the greatest!!!!"
So today I read the following in II Corinthians 4:1 "Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we do not lose heart."...and then on in verses 5-7:
- Don't listen to voices of negativity and discouragement.
- Don't believe everything you hear from others is a direct insult to you.
- Especially don't allow yourself to become so over-tired, spent emotionally, or so weary that you can't think straight and begin to take other's pent up frustrations as being an attack on you personally.
- We all have bad days. Be kind to yourself and to others who may also be in similar levels of frustration.
- DO recognize that you are precious in the sight of God, and that your life has extreme value and purpose. God paid a huge price for your ransom...His only begotten Son. He loves you that much.
- Do recognize that others are depending on you to shine brightly in the dark places of their lives. Somebody out there needs the light you have. Don't give up.
- Don't give in to discouragement, despair, and despondency. Those are tools of the enemy, not of Christ.