- Psalm 20:1-5...
- "May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble; (He did)
- "May the name of the God of Jacob defend you; (He did)
- May He send you help from the sanctuary, (Wow! He literally did this)
- And strengthen you out of Zion...(ok, He did that too)
- May He remember all your offerings, and accept your burnt sacrifice. (Hmmm, does that include burnt cinammon rolls at midnight? I did that once, preparing for a Women's Bible Study that was supposed to be at my house in the morning...but that's another story)
- May He grant you according to your heart's desire, (Yep, He did that too)
- And fulfill all your purpose. (A "purpose-driven life"?...Yeah, got that one too)
- We will rejoice in your salvation (Praise the Lord!)
- And in the name of our God we will set up our banners! (Yes, wave the banners high!)
- May the Lord fulfill all your petitions." (I believe He is already doing just that!)
I'm not saying that there is a bed of roses outside my new open window....no, there are a lot of brambles and briars to work my way through before they will become beautiful fragrant roses. There are even some weeds and thistles to pluck out of the way...but with the pruning shears of God's wisdom and His help from inside the sanctuary, the roses will begin to blossom one by one. So wave the banners high!
Psalm 20:7-8 says "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. They have bowed down and fallen; but we have risen and stand upright."